It wouldn’t be Australia Day without a little sparkle at night. For most it will be a dazzling display of fireworks so to join in the fun we have created these fun sparkler favor gifts to hand out to your guests at your bbq or celebration.
If you are glaming up your party with red, blue and white then these sparkler holders will fit right in with your decor. We chose the colors to fit in with the colors on the national flag. We had the initial thought of making them in green and gold but went with this option instead. The holders also match our printable Australia Day Invitations in the store.
You can pick up a pack of sparklers from any of the major supermarkets in Australia for around $1. Most dollar stores stock them as well. All and all these holders make for a pretty inexpensive party favor.
What you will need:
- Firm white card to print on
- Printer / computer
- Ruler or straight edge
- Craft knife
- Tape (optional)
How to make them
- Download and print of the printable sparkler sheet
- Take your craft knife or whatever cutting tool you have handy and cut out each of the three holders.
- On each holder cut a small slit above and below the center graphic and text piece.
- Carefully slip two or three sparklers into the holder. You can flip the holder over and secure the sparklers more firmly with a bit of tape.
Have a safe and happy Australia Day!